empowerment through critical reading and writing
"Life can only be understood backwards. In the meantime, it has to be lived forward”.

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Finding Voice

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Patty - Tired

I was confused, falling apart,
feeling like a failure;
I felt alone, didn’t believe in myself,

had no hope;
I was going nowhere in my life

and I was tired -
tired of drinking,
tired of doing drugs,
tired of not working,
tired of not having enough money,
tired of feeling bad about myself,
tired of not being able to see,
tired of just being tired.

Now I am no longer tired
because I came to a place called Glory House.
Now I have people that I can call friends -
they believe in me and give me hope.
I go to my programs and am proud of myself
because now

I can be a better mother to my kids.
I believe in myself

and I am no longer confused.
Now I can see again.