empowerment through critical reading and writing
"Life can only be understood backwards. In the meantime, it has to be lived forward”.

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Finding Voice

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mary - Today I am Proud of Myself

Life isn’t fair, but we have to learn from it.
I used to be a beautiful mother.
But when I was using I was nobody.

Before, I was on the street drugging.
I was smoking all day and all night,
hanging out with prostitutes.
My sister told me: “you will not be nobody”.
When we feel nobody loves us, we feel lost.

Today I am doing the right thing.
Getting a new foundation for life.
Finding myself by myself has given me power.

Today, when I look at myself in the mirror,
I laugh.
I am somebody:
Jesus loves me.
I love myself.

Today I am proud of myself.
I am a powerful woman.
I hold my head high.