empowerment through critical reading and writing
"Life can only be understood backwards. In the meantime, it has to be lived forward”.

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Finding Voice

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dakota

The next photo shows my half of the room. I share this room with another resident here at Glory House. At first I was not sure I would make it here. I was very reluctant to be here, however I was used to structure from being in prison. My problem was being able to trust others. My whole being had became hard in prison because I had to fight to get respect and show that I was not an easy mark. Today I can be myself not the inmate locked up like a caged animal. I lost the hardness that I had to have to protect myself. I found a higher power that is loving, and understanding. I found a new strength here at Glory House. I found a safe place or I should say - a safe place found me.