empowerment through critical reading and writing
"Life can only be understood backwards. In the meantime, it has to be lived forward”.

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Finding Voice

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Betty - Why am I here and what is my journey

My life and mind have always been in a spin,
like a tornado.
Don’t know where I’m going,
but I know where I’ve been –
I’ve been through a lot in life
that shouldn’t have been.

Who knows what I’ll be doing?
Why am I still here?
What is my purpose on earth?

I search for a magic carpet
to carry me to my higher place,
and slip me wings
so I may soar like an eagle
through the soft clouds of heaven
and feel them gently touch my cheeks
with their soft kisses of love
on my journey to finding
my rainbow of happiness
on the other side.

Is there such a dream?
Maybe some day I'll find it
through the hands of God with His love for me.