empowerment through critical reading and writing
"Life can only be understood backwards. In the meantime, it has to be lived forward”.

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Finding Voice

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A LETTER TO MY SECRET CRUSH

I don’t want you to think I’m pushing you away,
but I have to go after I say what I came to say.
I need to explain to you how I feel
and I need you to tell me
if what I feel is real.

My love 4 you was a surprise
I felt it deep inside me when I looked into your eyes.
So when you see me I hope you understand
that I’m putting my heart
into your hands.

I am lonely I must admit
but you were there to help me quit
You make me happy when I’m sad
and I’m afraid to lose the best friend I ever had.
Am I expecting too much
to want to be with you
and feel your touch?

I will know the truth just by the look in your eyes.
I’ll take it like a woman and hold my cries.
Always remember I’m only a phone call away,
Regardless of what happens
I respect and love you more than ever
today.