empowerment through critical reading and writing
"Life can only be understood backwards. In the meantime, it has to be lived forward”.

Soren Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Finding Voice

Thursday, August 27, 2009

MY BOYS

These tears that I cry
are of a heavy heart
my boys are gone
we are now apart
*
They were taken away
in the blink of an eye
now I sit here & wonder
why & I cry
*
I reflect on those days
when they were just little boys
playing together &
sharing their toys
*
With their other brothers & sister
they shared a strong bond
now the circle's been broken
since they've been gone
*
As their mother I'm left
with an ache in my heart
life will never be right
as long as we are apart
*
So I sit & I wonder
I cry & I cry
WHY have my babies been taken?
Oh, Lord, tell me, WHY?


8/25/09

Mom, Jeanne Occhiogrosso